Nicholls State at No. 14 Missouri
• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Friday at Mizzou Arena in Columbia
• TV/RADIO: Metro Sports; KMBZ (980 AM and 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT MISSOURI (2-0): The Tigers improved to 2-0 with a strong 91-54 win over Alcorn State on Tuesday. Missouri overcame a slow start in the second half thanks to strong shooting performances from Laurence Bowers (14 points) and Phil Pressey (21 points). … With a win, the Tigers will improve to 3-0 for the fourth consecutive year. … Senior guard Michael Dixon Jr. remains suspended.
• ABOUT NICHOLLS STATE (0-1): The Colonels are coming off an 80-65 loss to Vanderbilt in their season opener. But they did beat the Mobile in an exhibition game Tuesday, so the Colonels will have a little momentum. Nicholls State went 10-20 last season.
• BOTTOM LINE: Go ahead and chalk up another win for the Tigers, but expect Missouri coach Frank Haith to keep a close eye on his team’s energy early on. The Tigers have gotten off to slow starts in their first two games, and that’s a habit that needs to stop before they head into the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament next week.
| Terez A. Paylor, firstname.lastname@example.org