Chattanooga vs. No. 7 Kansas
• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Thursday at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence
• TV/RADIO: KSMO (Ch. 62); KCSP (610 AM)
• ABOUT CHATTANOOGA (1-0): The Mocs, who finished 11-21 last season, were picked to finish fifth out of six teams in the Southern Conference’s North Division. … Drazen Zlovaric, a 6-foot-9 senior forward, is the program’s highest-scoring returner after averaging 10.2 points and 6.4 rebounds last season. … The Mocs have size in the backcourt, but they made just two of 22 from three-point range in their season-opening victory over Tennessee Temple.
• ABOUT KANSAS (1-1): The Jayhawks are back on the court just 48 hours after falling to Michigan State 67-64 in the Champions Classic on Tuesday night in Atlanta. … KU coach Bill Self said he was pleased with his team’s offensive execution, but the numbers — 16 turnovers and eight assists — suggest that KU’s offense still needs some time to come together. … Senior center Jeff Withey was limited to eight points on Tuesday, and senior guard Elijah Johnson was six of 15 from the floor.
• BOTTOM LINE: Self kept the rotation tight on Tuesday, with freshman guards Andrew White and Rio Adams staying on the bench. Chattanooga should provide an opportunity for more offensive reps for everyone in an environment that’s not as intimidating as the Georgia Dome was on Tuesday.
| Rustin Dodd, firstname.lastname@example.org