• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Tuesday at Mizzou Arena in Columbia
• TV/RADIO: Metro Sports; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT ALCORN STATE (1-0): The Braves are coming off an 85-41 win over Oakwood (Ala.) University on Sunday, and are led by LeAntwan Luckett, a former top-100 prospect according to Rivals.com. … Alcorn State was 10-22 last season, coach Luther Riley’s first at the helm.
• ABOUT MISSOURI (1-0): After a slow start, the Tigers blew out Southern Illinois-Edwardsville in the second half and won 83-69 in their season opener Saturday. … Senior point guard Phil Pressey was masterful, scoring 19 points with nine assists, while forwards Alex Oriakhi (eight points, 15 rebounds) and Laurence Bowers (20 points, seven rebounds) dominated the front court.
• BOTTOM LINE: Considering Missouri has won 66 consecutive regular-season non-conference home games, it’s hard to see this being anything other than a win. But coach Frank Haith saw some flaws in the first game he’d like to see fixed — defensively, for instance — so expect the Tigers to show some improvement in that area.
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com