Not to go over the top with Ervin Santana stuff, but Bill Chuck of billy-ball.com came up with nine things to know about the new Royals pitcher:
1. Santana, who will be 30 in December, had a weak 2012 season going 9-13 with a 5.16 ERA and a MLB leading 39 home runs in 178 innings.
2. Santana in his career is 96-80 with a 4.33 ERA in 236 career all with the Angels (233 starts) since his 2005 debut.
3. Santana has allowed 164 homers since his MLB career began in 2005, 96 with the bases empty including 22 in 2012.
4. In 2008 and 2009, Santana allowed 14 homers on his fastball each season. In 2010 and 2011, Santana allowed 17 homers on his fastball each season. In 2012, Santana allowed 23 homers on his fastball.
5. Santana and Nolan Ryan are the only two Angels pitchers to have a no-hitter and a one-hitter.
6. Santana is one of 28 pitchers who have at least four 200+ IP seasons since 2005. While Santana has topped the 200-innings mark in three of the last five seasons, his total of four is still half as many as Mark Buehrles eight.
7. Since 2007, Santana has tossed six shutouts the same as Cole Hamels, Dan Haren, and Jered Weaver.
8. Lifetime, Santana has a 1.300 WHIP the same as Chris Bosio, Tom Sturdivant, Bob Moose, and Johnny Sain.
9. In his career, Santana is 3-2 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City with a 4.59 ERA. This season while he had 0-0 record, he was crushed in two starts with a 6.39 ERA and a 1.579 WHIP.
Here are some of the national voices about the trade:
| Pete Grathoff, firstname.lastname@example.org