Maybe youve seen Robert and Cortney Novogratz on their HGTV show. Theyre the designer types who have seven kids.
By STACY DOWNS
The Kansas City Star
This month the couple launched a collection of home furnishings with CB2. A rundown of the offerings available, 800-606-6252 or CB2.com:
• Family Rug. Made out of 100 percent wool, its available in two versions: white typography spelling out FAMILY against a saturated vertical rainbow ranging from lavender, bright orange and mint green to marigold, navy and teal, as well as a black-and-white version. $399 for a 5-by-8-foot rug, $799 for an 8-by-10-foot rug.
• Light Up the Family. The limited-edition art piece (285 sets) has six individual illuminated light boxes that spell out FAMILY like the rug. $799 per set.
• Hearty Dining Table. Inspired by the Novogratzes antique dining table, the piece is handmade from Acacia wood. The table is outfitted with four slim drawers with turquoise and white interiors that hold everything from silverware to crayons. $1,099 seats up to eight people; $1,299 seats up to 10.
• Stick Around Chairs. The chairs can stand alone for extra seating in any room or fit around a large dining table. The oval back, curved legs and wood detailing are traditional, but the high-gloss lacquered finish in gray or white adds a modern punch. Arm chair, $399; without arms, $299.
• Accessories. The Boy Girl Rug includes linen-color male and female symbols joined together on an orange background, $399 for a 5-by-8-foot rug. The A to Z Rug shows the full alphabet in Roberts fathers handwriting, $229 for a 4-by-6-foot rug, $229.
The Novogratzes are everywhere this month. Their book Home by Novogratz (Artisan, $35), with 320 pages of home-design projects and tips, hit the stores earlier. Their show, with the same name as the book, is in its second season on HGTV.