Local News Spotlight

Cameron, Mo., deaths from carbon monoxide

Updated: 2012-09-24T21:43:11Z

A man and his two children found dead in a Cameron, Mo., home in August were killed by carbon monoxide, officials said Monday.

Robert Borchardt, 36, Chelsey Borchardt, 9, and Tucker Borchardt, 7, were found dead Aug. 17 after authorities were called to check on a fire and possible victims. Responders reported finding no blaze but a “smoke-like odor” in the house at 113 E. Fourth St.

Autopsies determined that all three died from carbon monoxide saturation caused by a fire within the residence. The deaths were ruled accidental. There were smoke detectors in the home but none had batteries.

| Matt Campbell, mcampbell @kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

Commenting disabled for this story.