How much do you know about cocktails? Take the Paris of the Plains Cocktail Festival quiz to learn about classic cocktails.
1. Whats the difference between a Tom, John or Vodka Collins?
2. For that matter, how is a Collins different from a fizz?
3. Which type of Scotch is preferred in a Blood and Sand?
4. What is orgeat?
5. Which ingredient gives an Aviation cocktail its sky-blue color?
6. List the ingredients in a Stinger.
7. When was the recipe for the classic Champagne cocktail first published?
8. What kind of sugar is used to make an Irish coffee?
9. Which variation on a Manhattan uses Scotch whisky?
10. The Cosmopolitan shot to fame after which celebrity was spotted sipping one in New York?
1. The John Collins is made with American whiskey and a Tom Collins with London Dry gin. You already know the last answer.
2. They are the same cocktail, except a Collins is served in a tall (or Collins) glass with ice, and garnished with an orange slice or cherry.
4. A sweet almond syrup used in Mai Tais and other cocktails.
5. Crème de violette
6. VS Cognac and white crème de menthe
8. Brown sugar
9. The Rob Roy