KU’s Robinson is first-team All-American by USBWA, MU’s Denmon on second team
The Kansas City Star
Kansas’ Thomas Robinson and Missouri’s Marcus Denmon were both chosen to All-America teams by the United States Basketball Writers Association of America. Robinson was a first-team selection, Denmon on the second team.
Joining Robinson on the first team are Kentucky’s Anthony Davis, Ohio State’s Jared Sullinger, Michigan State’s Draymond Green and Creighton’s Doug McDermott.
The USBWA’s national player of the year award, the Oscar Robertson Trophy, will be announced next Monday.
Here is more information from the USBWA about both teams:
First Team (Pos., Ht., Wt., Cl., Hometown)
• Anthony Davis, Kentucky (F, 6-10, 220, Fr., Chicago, Ill.): 4th Kentucky All-American since 2008-09 (19th Kentucky player selected as an All-American)
• Draymond Green, Michigan State (F, 6-7, 230, Sr., Saginaw, Mich.): First Michigan State All-American since 2000-01 (Jason Richardson, 2nd team) and 8th overall
• Doug McDermott, Creighton (F, 6-7, 220, So., Ames, Iowa): First first-team All-American from Creighton (Kyle Korver earned 2nd team in 2002-03)
• Thomas Robinson, Kansas (F, 6-10, 237, Jr., Washington, D.C.): 7th Kansas All-American since 2001-02 (14th Kansas player selected as an All-American)
• Jared Sullinger, Ohio State (F, 6-9, 280, So., Columbus, Ohio): 4th Ohio State player to earn back-to-back honors (Jerry Lucas, Jimmy Jackson, Scoonie Penn)
Second Team (Pos., Ht., Wt., Cl., Hometown)
• Isaiah Canaan, Murray State (G, 6-0, 193, Jr., Biloxi, Miss.): First All-America selection from Murray State (2nd straight from Ohio Valley Conference)
• Marcus Denmon, Missouri (G, 6-3, 185, Sr., Kansas City, Mo.): Fifth Missouri selection and first since 1993-94 (Melvin Booker, 2nd Team)
• Kevin Jones, West Virginia (F, 6-8, 260, Sr., Mount Vernon, N.Y.): Fourth player and fifth selection from West Virginia; first since 1962-63 (Rod Thorn)
• Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kentucky (F, 6-7, 232, Fr., Somerdale, N.J.): 3rd Kentucky freshman since 2009-10 to earn All-America honors (John Wall, Anthony Davis)
• Tyler Zeller, North Carolina (F, 7-0, 250, Sr., Washington, Ind.): 26th North Carolina player honored by USBWA and first since 2008-09 (Tyler Hansbrough)