Again, readers gave.And because of that, hundreds of kids in the Kansas City area will have packs of food to take home every Friday during the school year. About 580 readers donated money to the fourth KC Challenge, a virtual food drive where all proceeds go to the BackSnack program. The weekend food provides kids with two breakfasts, two other meals and snacks to tide them over until school on Monday.This season’s challenge raised $101,140. That will provide 404 elementary students weekly BackSnacks for the full year.
- From hungry kids, heartfelt thanks
- Teacher sees how BackSnacks help her second-graders
- Locker fairies bear gifts, including BackSnacks, for children in need
- In the fight against hunger, KCs Center Elementary sees the difference BackSnacks make
- Gratitude shines in children’s notes about Harvesters’ BackSnack program
- You can help hungry children in the Kansas City area
- Harvesters dedications: In memory